Did you know that all children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 are entitled to Free School meals?
Every day your child will have a choice of two main dishes and at least 2 desserts.
Our menu has been awarded Gold Food For Life for the second year running.
· 15% of our menu is Organic, including Minced Beef, Beef Burgers, Meatballs, Yoghurts & Milk
· 5% is Free Range. Including Pork and Eggs
· All other meat is Red tractor and all our products are sourced locally, where possible
· Menu’s are seasonal and we ensure at least 75% of dishes are freshly prepared using seasonal produce
· Food on our menu does not contain undesirable additives or hydrogenated fats and dishes are prepared using less fat, salt and sugar
· Menu’s are fully nutritionally analysed and comply with current legislation
· Menu’s cater well for all dietary needs
· Continuous professional development is offered to all our staff including training in fresh food preparation
The cost for school dinners is currently £2.30, which is excellent value for money for the hot, healthy meal that the children (and adults!) receive.
School Dinner Payment Information (Covid 19)
Guidance for Packed Lunches (Covid 19)
Contract Dining Autumn and Spring Term Menu
Free School Meals Entitlement
With the introduction of Universal Credits, there are some changes to the regulations for Free School Meals.
In addition to existing benefits, you can apply for free school meals if you receive Universal Credit.
*If your child is currently eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish primary school, even if your family circumstances change.
If you think that you might be entitled to Free School Meals, the easiest method is to apply online. Mrs Palmer is happy to help with this.
Even though KS1 pupils receive Universal Free School Meals, it is worth applying now, as this provides some additional funding for the school to spend on your children’s education.